Author Topic: Crime Updates  (Read 785 times)

midweb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Crime Updates
« on: May 13, 2019, 04:33:16 PM »
Crime Updates
Good afternoon to you all i hope this finds you all well and enjoying the sunshine. I have some crime updates for you, there has been two theft of pedal cycles,  the first one was outside the library on Bournville Lane, an adults green and black Boardman pedal cycle has been stolen by cutting of the lock, there were two children's pedal cycles also locked up with the adults bike but these have not been taken just left at the location. Also there was a theft of pedal cycle in Barn Close, a shed that was locked and secure has been broken in to and a cycle taken, the cycle was not locked just the shed. Along with these two thefts there was a theft from motor vehicle, in Bournville Lane an Audi A1 has been broken in to and property has been taken from the boot.

Crime prevention advice, one of the best types of pedal cycle locks is a D-lock they may be a little more expensive to buy but are difficult to remove, some of the cheaper locks look good but can be cut through very easily. I know locking your shed with the bike inside seems fine but it helps prevent theft if there is a lock on the bike as well.
If you have any information regarding these offences please contact the police on 101 or you can contact me using this system, as always should you prefer to contact me by e-mail the address is p.blackford@west-midlands.pnn.police.uk

Message Sent By
Paul Blackford (Police, PCSO, Selly Oak)