Author Topic: Twyning Road parking & vans  (Read 177 times)

Offline powell68

Twyning Road parking & vans
« on: July 18, 2018, 09:23:16 AM »
 There seems to have been lots of enterprise vans parked on Twyning road recently,  are they allowed to use the local area/ streets to park their vans?

Offline Brain80

Re: Twyning Road parking & vans
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 09:32:48 AM »
This issue has been going on for years, seems to be when they have a change of manager I believe.

They can legally park anywhere Including a residential street as long as not restricted in anyway, eg double yellows or dropped kerb, but when they get enough of us complaining especially on Twitter/social media they have historically then stopped doing it for a while.

So all I can advise is we all get on social media to flag the issue?

I live on Twyning Road and I have always said I’d be more than happy for is to join a permit scheme, but the forum said the council won’t allow it as it’s too costly to monitor/run? Annoys me as many parts of Edgbaston have the scheme in force and strict no parking even where there’s houses with drive ways.

Something will need to be done about the parking though at some stage surely ? Especially if we get to a point where there’s electric charging points on the road and we start to switch to electric vehicles - will be prett frustrating if cannot get to those charging points and even more annoying if they’re taken up by a car hire business , they surely should have their own! But I’m getting way ahead of myself here sorry? But still it’s something that we all need to think about!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 09:37:18 AM by Brain80 »