Author Topic: Severn Trent work on Twyning Road? Traffic lights this morning.  (Read 424 times)

Offline matt

Dear All, just wondered if anybody knew anything about planned water or sewer work on Twyning Road? This morning we had vans with traffic lights trying to set up a single lane in the middle of Twyning Road but they were unable to achieve this due to too many parked cars. They said that Severn Trent were working in the middle of the road but then left about mid-morning. This is the 2nd time the traffic lights have been attempted, this time there was no warning or letters asking us to move cars.

I have since rung Severn Trent Water and they say there is no work planned (but didn't sound convinced), they did reference a late night emergency sewers visit a couple of months ago, this is my concern, on that visit the contractors opened a sewer cover adjacent to our house and left it open for a few minutes and I nearly fell down it. I'm not happy we're not being informed about this work, and don't know why the traffic lights were here earlier if there's no work needed. The 'check my area' part of the Severn Trent website does identify a water leak halfway down Twyning Road but they didn't mention this on the phone.

Sorry for the long post but any info appreciated!

Matt
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 01:17:21 PM by matt »

Offline Brain80

Re: Severn Trent work on Twyning Road? Traffic lights this morning.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 10:25:28 PM »
Hi Matt

This is a concern, Severn Trent came to our house on twyning road about 5-6 weeks ago to test the water. They tested the water from the main kitchen tap and filled in a report and took a sample away.

I wasn’t here at the time, but my husband said they had reports of some issues in surrounding roads so they were just checking everything ok.

I too was surprised to find them pull up in the road with traffic lights, despite no advance warning at all, whereas last time, I think it was January, I had a letter. I do think they are not telling us something.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 10:37:01 PM by Brain80 »

Offline Chris

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 08:20:12 AM »
Severn Trent personnel have arrived in Twyning Road again this morning. One of their vans is parked outside my house. Currently nothing happening though, they seem to be just having a chat.

Offline Chris

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 06:48:42 PM »
Be careful at the junction between Twyning Road and Ripple Road. The manhole cover has blown off and is spouting lots of water, as it usually does during particularly wet weather.