Author Topic: Are Tesco still coming to Stirchley?  (Read 869 times)

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
Are Tesco still coming to Stirchley?
« on: April 12, 2017, 12:16:30 PM »
Tesco are in the process of purchasing Bookers.

Bookers have an outlet on the Ten Acres Estate, just off the Pershore Road by the old Dogpool Hotel. 

It wouldn't take much to change Bookers into a Tesco supermarket.  Planning would be given. The only issue would be traffic at the junction of DogPool Lane and St Stephens Road.  That could be controlled by a set of traffic lights.

Or am I reading too much into it?

Offline Katchooo

• Stirchley The Way Forward
Re: Are Tesco still coming to Stirchley?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 10:11:05 PM »
From the Tesco boss:

Yet Lewis says the plan isn’t to rebrand any of Booker’s convenience stores into Tesco sites. Answering a question from Marketing Week, he says: “I have nothing but respect for the brands and businesses Charles [Wilson, Booker’s CEO] has built at Booker, so we are not going to change those brands at all in this deal.

“We’d rather lend Booker our expertise to improve their current offer on things like own-label and give its small businesses owners more growth opportunities by having access to such a strong combined supply chain.”

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 06:49:38 AM »
We all know Tesco are good on their word.

Offline Katchooo

• Stirchley The Way Forward
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 10:46:22 AM »
True but they have land they can build on so why would they need to knock down Bookers?

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 03:01:00 PM »
Because it would be cheaper to change the building currently used by Bookers from a warehouse to a supermarket than to completely build a brand new one?

I'm simply thinking out loud.