Author Topic: Ripple Road and Hunts Road - Hazelwell Park  (Read 843 times)

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
Ripple Road and Hunts Road - Hazelwell Park
« on: March 24, 2017, 10:29:43 AM »
My wife tells me that there are contractors on site putting up a low railing along the path and grass border. 

Hopefully this will effective against travellers, fly tippers and illegal motorcycles, but I guess only time will tell. 

Offline Mick Jones

• Administrator
    • Stirchley Website
Re: Ripple Road and Hunts Road - Hazelwell Park
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 11:17:27 AM »
Thanks for the update just been down to take a few photos, contractors say it should take about a week.

www.stirchley.co.uk

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 12:41:51 PM »
Cheers Mick.

I've got a load of poppy seeds at home.  Once they're finished I might give the dug up soil a sprinkle with some seeds to try and add a splash of colour for later on in the year. 

Offline JPitcock

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 04:16:52 PM »
Poppies are worth a try - but I think they won't survive mowing. There is a meadow area south of Hazelwell Road.

Offline The Concerned Resident

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 09:11:28 PM »
Good to see that the railings are installed, though the gate on hazelwell road is swinging open in the wind...is there someone in particular on the council who's responsible for a suitably strong lock?

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 11:11:29 AM »
The Council are going back to the site this week to inspect the works and to finish off clearing the site.   Hopefully they will spot the unlocked barrier, even though they have been told about it.

Is there any interest in people clubbing together to buy a few bulbs to plant along the railings or around the railings at the entrance?  A bit of colour for next spring?  The council don't tend to mow until late March/early April so we could buy some early bloomers