Author Topic: Reoccurring Car Vandalism, Ripple Road  (Read 308 times)

Offline MCA1928

Reoccurring Car Vandalism, Ripple Road
« on: March 20, 2017, 02:41:50 PM »
My beloved car which lives on Ripple Road is being repeatedly vandalized. Over the course of the last five weeks, someone has keyed the car six times on six different occasions. The first were a week or so apart, the last two within the same week.

The scratches are down to the metal and measure anywhere from 8" to 18"; three on the rear quarter panel usually facing the pavement, two on the boot lid and yesterday, the bonnet (facing the road).

Every time it happens, I walk up and down the road to look at other cars but no one else seems to be affected. The damage to my car will necessitate some expensive repairs and an insurance claim.

They appear over-night and I am not aware of any neighborhood enmity.

Over the years we have had problems. To wit, one break in, twice my hood ornament broken off, a antenna broken more than twice and yesterday my partner's wing mirror was taken off her car....not hit or broken off, neatly removed. All of these happened on Ripple Road after the installation of "better lighting".

I cannot watch the car constantly and taking it somewhere else for safekeeping is just not practical.  I don't think it is the Gypsys at the bottom of the road because this has been going on for weeks before.

Can anyone offer any advice on what to do?

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
Re: Reoccurring Car Vandalism, Ripple Road
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 03:55:18 PM »
That doesn't sound good.  Sorry to hear about your problems.

Not sure what to suggest.  CCTV outside your house is one option, provided you can park your car there to make sure the culprit or culprits are caught on camera.  Is your car on the road or a drive?

You can get a camera to fit inside your car but I've not got any details, it's something I've seen in the past. 

It does sound like you're being targeted for whatever reason. 

Offline RippleRoad

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 04:43:32 PM »
Is your car green?

Offline MCA1928

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 12:36:53 PM »
No, she's the old Mercedes.

She's going off to a body shop for restoration and will be gone for four or five months. The thought of bringing her back only to have her new paintwork damaged is nauseating.

I think we might need to buy a house with a garage just for the car!