Author Topic: Travellers  (Read 1542 times)

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
Re: Travellers
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 03:20:27 PM »
Has anyone got the link for reporting these illegal encampments?  The council site isn't very user friendly. 

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 01:58:23 PM »
They're now the entire length of Hazelwell Park along Hunts Road and Ripple Road. 

The link to report them

https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/info/20095/antisocial_behaviour_and_neighbour_disputes/155/report_unauthorised_campsites_on_council_land

Offline Dave

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 04:07:41 PM »
*sigh*

I was hoping BCC and the police would have something new to offer Stirchley residents in PREVENTING this happening again this year!

That is the key, prevention, but BCC seem intent on talking about it and no action.

We need to pressure the authorities for change.

Offline atomicjam

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 05:06:40 PM »
We should have a £20k trip fence once they get the current travellers off Hazlewell.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/travellers-move-park-24-hours-12747240

Offline Dave

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 09:15:40 PM »
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/travellers-move-park-24-hours-12747240

Councillor Timothy Huxtable said the latest group had managed to get onto the beauty spot just as contractors were due to put up barriers - quoted to cost £20,000 - to stop further incursions.

Coun Huxtable (Con, Bournville) said: “A contractor was meant to start today to install metal trip railings to stop travellers getting on the site.

“We had been campaigning since 2012 to get these railings and the city council agreed with us and said enough was enough and they needed to put these trip railings along Hunts Road and Ripple Road. And then the travellers got on to the site a day before the contractors were supposed to start.

Mmmmmmmmh, a cynic might wonder if they had inside information  ;)

Hopefully this will be their last incursion.

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 09:08:24 AM »
God I hate the Birmingham Mail website. 

Let's hope they start putting the railings up now.  The council can still install most of it. 

Offline JPitcock

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 02:09:52 PM »
(I too hate the Birmingham Mail website - for its intrusive advertising)

Also see:
www.thesun.co.uk/news/3102145/birmingham-park-daisy-farm-ruined-travellers-council/
(not my normal newspaper! - I found this because I have set up a Google news alert for "Stirchley")

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 04:17:10 PM »
The Daisy Farm lot have supposedly arrived at Hazelwell Park this afternoon.

Offline The Concerned Resident

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 10:58:29 PM »
Perhaps on the same day that the park is cleared, the council would be good enough to find some concrete blocks to secure the hunts road length of the park while they install the trip railings, rather than wait for the park to be driven all over again...

while they are at it they could drop a couple of blocks off in front of that kwiksave gate, i dont think that low grade chain is really up to the job.

I'd expect that 2% rise in council rates to mean a speedy and efficient resolution to a problem they should have already fixed  ::)

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 03:57:42 PM »
The lock to the gate on Hazelwell Road needs to be repaired as well.  I suspect that's how some of them gained access. 

I'm told that they are starting to pack up, so hopefully they will leave this evening.  The Notice kicks in tomorrow.

Let's see what mess is left behind.  The muppet in his truck doing donuts won't have done much for the grass. 

Offline RippleRoad

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2017, 08:24:07 AM »
don't get me started!  :)

Offline JPitcock

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2017, 03:22:18 PM »
Most of them have moved on (to annoy someone else and make a mess on some other land).

There are photos of some of the mess they have made, and rubbish left all over the park, at
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtmaQZ0pQ8eriF3iCia6Qqe7_fbf
(I hate to think where their effluent is).

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2017, 10:25:49 AM »
Their effluent is along the river bank.

Offline Dave

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2017, 04:36:23 PM »
Compared to other areas it seem Stirchley got off lightly!

Anyone have any ideas as how the 'travellers' can be forced to pay for the clean up needed?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/residents-fury-over-huge-piles-12838857

Offline Dave

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2017, 08:41:08 PM »
This, so easily, could have been Stirchley........again!
Thankfully we now have the trip rail :)

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/travellers-kings-norton-perry-park-12895191

Fury as TWO traveller camps set up in Birmingham for Easter.

Birmingham has been targeted by TWO new illegal traveller camps ahead of the long Easter weekend - sparking new calls for the authorities to get tough.

Around 20 caravans have pitched up at a building site off Foyle Road in Kings Norton - an area hit repeatedly by unauthorised camps over the last few weeks.

The site, on the Hawkesley estate, has been cleared for new housing to be built.

And a second camp has seen ten caravans set up home in picturesque Perry Park, home of the Alexander Stadium and the city’s official BMX track.

Meanwhile, Perry Barr councillor Jon Hunt (Lib Dem) is wondering how the caravans got through the locked gates at Perry Park.

Erm, Councillor Jon Hunt
Try looking in the 'travellers' vans.
I'm sure you will find plenty of useful clues!