Author Topic: Planning application for an Aldi at magnet an southern site  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Mick Jones

• Administrator
    • Stirchley Website
Planning application for an Aldi at magnet an southern site
« on: December 20, 2016, 12:28:26 PM »
Dear residents

Some of you may be aware that a planning application has been submitted on behalf of Boultbee Brooks Real Estate, who are the owners of the Magnet retail warehouse site on Pershore Road. Maddox Associates has submitted the application, which comprises the redevelopment of the site to provide a new foodstore. The store will be operated by discount food retailer Aldi.

The planning application (reference number: 2016/10105/PA) and supporting documents can be found on Birmingham City Council’s website at the following link:

https://eplanning.birmingham.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/Generic/StdDetails.aspx?PT=Planning%20Applications%20On-Line&TYPE=PL/PlanningPK.xml&PARAM0=836325&XSLT=/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/SiteFiles/Skins/Birmingham/xslt/PL/PLDetails.xslt&FT=Planning%20Application%20Details&PUBLIC=Y&XMLSIDE=/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/SiteFiles/Skins/Birmingham/Menus/PL.xml&DAURI=PLANNING

The proposals are intended to revitalise the southern end of Stirchley, provide a greater depth of choice in food retail provision whilst creating in the region of 40 new jobs (with an additional 100 jobs during construction).

If upon reviewing the documents, there are any queries regarding the plans, please feel free to email us at admin@maddoxassociates.co.uk and we will reply in the new year.

We wish the residents of Stirchley a great Christmas and a happy new year.

Kind regards
Max Plotnek (of Maddox Associates on behalf of Boultbee Brooks Real Estate).

Max Plotnek
Planning Director

t: 0203 705 8256

m: 07947 667 476

www.stirchley.co.uk

Offline Dave

Re: Planning application for an Aldi at magnet an southern site
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 02:31:54 PM »

Yay! That's great news :)

If this goes ahead together with a successful LIDL appeal and a TESCO being built it will demonstrate that Stirchley is moving ahead with regeneration and NOT stuck in the past.
We will have 4 supermarkets all competing with one another and that can only mean keener prices overall!

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 11:15:23 AM »
I think this one will go ahead.  You've got the new properties near by as well as the proposed development off Fordhouse Lane, so the custom is there.  It's already a retail site, there's plenty of parking and I doubt that there will be much of an increase in traffic. 

Hopefully this will kill off the Lidl appeal and make Tesco get on with things.

Dave, I'm not sure flooding the area with supermarkets is a good thing, but that's my view.  I prefer to see a mix of types of stores. 

I just hope this doesn't have an impact on Wards. 

Offline keslie

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 02:47:41 AM »
Deadline for public consultation on this planning application is 12th January which doesn't give much time to discuss reasons for/against!

I feel that many residents will be discouraged from spending time giving opinions on the planning application, after the Lidl U-turn last week.

Something to discuss at a future Neighbourhood Forum, perhaps.

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 09:02:29 PM »

I feel that many residents will be discouraged from spending time giving opinions on the planning application, after the Lidl U-turn last week.

Something to discuss at a future Neighbourhood Forum, perhaps.

You make a very good point and one which should be conveyed to our local politicians.

Offline Jon Price

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 06:32:09 AM »
Four supermarkets in such a small area!! The council had a problem with three before. I really don't care how many are built as long as this corridor is developed. Shameful walking through Stirchley and seeing so much delapidation. Thirty fours years a resident and love the area but seeing the Pershore Rd through Stirchley reminds me of how other so called run down areas used to look.
The Luftwaffe made more improvements than the city council have. At least they had a target in mind!!

Offline villan

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 10:21:10 PM »
Many people go supermarket shopping in the car...building supermarkets at each end of the village will give nobody a reason to shop the bit in the middle.