Author Topic: Trying to trace a relative from Stirchley for my elderly Mum  (Read 598 times)

Offline Linollie

Hello everyone!
I'm a new member today. I live in Marlbrook in Worcestershire and my reason for joining this group is to ask for help in tracing my elderly Mum's cousin, Barbara Bennett nee Read (possibly now called Williams). Mum has been searching for Barbara for some years now and last had contact with her in the early 1970's when she owned and ran a ladies clothes shop in Stirchley. I'm afraid Mum can't remember the name of the shop but believes it was near to a public house called the British Oak. Barbara would now be in her early 80's so time is sadly running out in our search, it is Mum's dearest wish to be back in contact with her cousin.
If anyone could help with any information, however vague, myself and Mum would be very grateful.
Many thanks,
Lin Evans

Offline villan

Re: Trying to trace a relative from Stirchley for my elderly Mum
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 03:48:54 PM »
There was a little shop on the corner of Pershore Rd/Hazelwell Road that sold ladies clothes...sadly closed now. Around about number 1458 as i recall...perhaps someone remembers the owners name...? 

Offline Linollie

Re: Trying to trace a relative from Stirchley for my elderly Mum
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 05:32:23 PM »
Thank you Villan!
I'll make a note of the location. Sadly, the only info we have is that it was near to the pub! I do hope someone on here might remember the name of the shop or the owner, we know that Barbara worked in the shop as my grandmother visited her there in the early 1970's. Mum has longed to be reunited with her cousin for so many years, I don't intend ever to give up the search but, both my Mum and Barbara are elderly now...
Thanks again, every little helps!
Lin