Author Topic: Public Drinking and open toilets  (Read 2635 times)

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
Public Drinking and open toilets
« on: June 28, 2016, 01:59:32 PM »
There is a green area with thick trees and bushes along side the River Rea which I presume is part of Hazelwell Park.  It's on the junction of Twyning Road and Ripple Road.

Over the last couple of weeks I've had to kick out a few people using that area as a drinking den. It's usually the same three faces but there have been as many of 5 of them. 

Last night my dog went in and didn't come out.  I went in to get and him and found what appears to be a public toilet in an area towards the river at the back of the thicket, to the right as you're looking at the river with Twyning Road behind you.  There's a large amount of human faeces and tissue paper there.  I've seen lots of the local kids play around there.  God knows what they're treading in. 

Also the tree next to the pavement near the drop kerb seems to have become a urinal.

Isn't this a no drinking area?  is there anything the police can do?  I've done what I can but there's always the risk one of them will kick off if he's full of dutch courage.

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
Re: Public Drinking and open toilets
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 09:36:48 AM »
Yesterday near this thicket I found a discarded single use syringe wrapper.  Looks like our visitors are drug users as well.

Great.

Offline breakaleg

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 03:57:06 PM »
HI kwaky,
I have been in touch with sgt Matt Crowley from the community police team for Stirchley and he has visited the site and I have copied his reply to me.

(Thank you for your email. Please feel free to repost anything from this email on the Stirchley website.

Right. That was disgusting. I have been down to the area described below and there are a number of points in that location and more broadly down the grassed area by the river where there is human faeces and associated tissues and newspaper. I can’t tell how you how lowly I regard people who would act in this way in an area where our kids play and make dens. It is not acceptable.)

I have also been copied into the emails that Matt sent to various council departments and local councillors, and the area is to be cleaned up with a couple of days (might have even been done by now)and I would imagine that steps are being taken to catch the culprits.
Let me know when you see the improvement.

Pete, Stirchley neighbourhood forum

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 07:26:49 PM »
Thanks for that, very much appreciated.

I spoke with two police officers last night when I was walking the dog so one of them must have been Sgt Crowley.  I pointed them in the right areas.

It's good to see they're taking this issue up.  Nice bit of community policing.

Thanks for your help as well. 

Offline breakaleg

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 11:53:05 AM »
your welcome
pete

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 09:25:36 AM »
I got in touch with the police again last night.

One of our local wastes of skin (white bloke, bucked teeth, you can't miss him) has been using drugs in the bushes at the junction of Ripple Road and Twyning Road.

I suppose it's only a coincidence that the area where drug users hang out is where all of those cars have been broken into.

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 12:03:29 PM »
Clocked the same bloke and two of his mates carrying two very large saws down to that area.  So if you've lost any tools recently or if you've had a shed broken into where someone has used a saw, you know who to blame. 

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 09:51:16 PM »
Had words this evening with our local toothy drug user at the end of Twyning Road.  He was clearly waiting for his mates with a drop off. 

First he swore blind that he doesn't do drugs and that I'm a liar when I asked him why he was hanging around for the last 30 minutes.  Then he went off to p**S against some bushes. Once again I told him it's an area kids play in and told him make himself scarce, as which point an old small purple Peugeot turned up and he got in. 

No doubt one of my wife's cars will get done over or my bike damaged for daring to speak my mind.

Frankly I'm tired of the lack of activity from the Police.  There is open drug taking and dealing going on and the police don't seem bothered.   I want my kids to play outside in the open air, without worrying about being chased off by junkies, treading on discarded needles or wading through human p**s and s**t. 

There has to be enough evidence against these people to sort out an ASBO or DPPO

These idiots can do what they like when they like and we're the ones who are suffering.

Offline Dave

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 09:18:53 AM »
@ Kwacky

I too saw this guy suspiciously hanging around on his own by the bushes and when he saw me he, once again, went to relieve himself against them.
Seems like the drugs are diuretics, lol

Shortly afterwards a car arrived and also another guy on a bicycle.
Some slight disagreement ensued amongst them then the guy with the bladder problem got in the car and they drove off.

This whole issue needs to be raised at the next Strichley meeting and a request made to the Police representatives present for regular patrols in this area particularly around dusk.

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 09:36:55 AM »
We need to report these to the police, because the police are saying there are no known issues in the area, the last reported incident there was in June and that the description of this male doesn't match any previous reports.

I suspect that the tall bloke with the missing teeth has some sort of co-operation deal with the police, seeing as I've reported him twice so far this month and nothing has been done.