Author Topic: 1260 Pershore Road / Twyning Road Hot food takeaway  (Read 3753 times)

Offline suzysue

1260 Pershore Road / Twyning Road Hot food takeaway
« on: April 08, 2016, 06:43:49 PM »
The indian set to open on the corner of pershore/twyning road has applied for an extension for hotfood takeaway.

As there is no parking on pershore road it can only make an already bad parking situation on twyning road worse.

To comment search for 2016/02169/PA at

https://eplanning.birmingham.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/ApplicationSearch.aspx

Offline Dave

Re: 1260 Pershore Road / Twyning Road Hot food takeaway
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 09:40:19 PM »
No doubt we will now have parking of cars on the pavement outside Enterprise Cars in the night time as well as the daytime!

Offline Chris

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 05:02:01 PM »
I have posted an objection to this application, I urge others in Twyning Road to do the same

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 06:52:14 PM »
This was their intention from the outset. The signs are already up on the shop. The original plan should never have been approved.

I'll lodge my objection but this council seems unwilling to refuse planning applications for take aways.

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 01:13:12 PM »
Objection lodged.

Don't forget to remind the council of their own proposed 10% limit

The area is already saturated with food outlets, with a chip and kebab shop next door, two Indian restaurants within 50 yards and a public house almost opposite.  Nearby is a row of shops selling pizza, Chinese and Indian food as well as a café.  There is clearly an overconcentration of food retailers within a very small area.  This clearly far exceeds the 10% limit of food outlets on a high street proposed by Birmingham City Council

The junction of the Pershore and Tywning Road already has parking issues with patrons of Enterprise, the hairdressers and the chip shop parking on the pavement and around the junction, which creates hazards to road and pavement users.  A take away will attract more vehicles which will have no where to park other than on the main road next to a pedestrian crossing, which heightens the risk of an incident.

Offline Brain80

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 12:38:59 AM »
This is getting ridiculous - objection submitted.

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 08:48:13 AM »
I've had an email this morning from the Council to say that the application has been refused.

Offline Chris

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 08:37:22 AM »
Me too

Offline suzysue

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 02:07:45 PM »
They have again applied for food to be sold off the premises (takeaway). I guess if you keep applying people eventually get bored of objecting.

I've lodged my objection again.

To comment search for 2017/00244/PA at

https://eplanning.birmingham.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/ApplicationSearch.aspx

Offline David vs Goliath

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 06:40:18 PM »
I've logged my objection

We need to also stop the takeaway at 1377 pershore rd
The guy is planning to turn that building into a takeaway

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 07:08:30 PM »
thanks for the update.  I'll object again.

But the truth is they already do a takeaway service, they just don't advertise the fact.  I've seen a few people leaving with large bags of food.

Which property is 1377?

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 07:16:49 PM »
I've amended my previous objection

The applicant has previously made this request and that request was rightly refused by the council.

The area is already saturated with food outlets, with a chip and kebab shop next door, two Indian restaurants within 50 yards and a public house almost opposite.  Nearby is a row of shops selling pizza, Chinese and Indian food as well as a café.  There is clearly an overconcentration of food retailers within a very small area.  This clearly far exceeds the 10% limit of food outlets on a high street proposed by Birmingham City Council

The junction of the Pershore and Tywning Road already has parking issues with patrons of Enterprise, the hairdressers and the chip shop parking on the pavement and around the junction, which creates hazards to road and pavement users. 

The property currently has cars from its customers parking on the pavement and on the double yellow lines outside.  To open up the venue to sell food both on and off the premises will only increase the parking traffic.

A take away will attract more vehicles which will have no where to park other than on the main road next to a pedestrian crossing, which heightens the risk of an incident.

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2017, 09:13:28 AM »
I had an email this morning to say that the application has been refused.

Offline villan

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 03:29:53 PM »
Good  ;)

Offline suzysue

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2017, 03:00:34 PM »
Yet again <sigh>, an application has been made for change of use for a takeaway. You have until the 10th to comment, I have objected mainly for parking reasons.

To comment search for 2017/05883/PA at