Author Topic: Planning application: Corner of Mary Vale Road and Franklin Way.  (Read 3368 times)

Offline Dave

The proposed building comprises 37 apartments (22, 1-bed, 15 2-bed and duplexes) and 35 underground parking spaces on the former car-park site.
However, although the city planners regard 35 parking spaces as adequate for a 37 dwelling development.

http://www.bournvilleconservatives.com/100-planning-application-on-mary-vale-road

Offline villan

Re: Planning application: Corner of Mary Vale Road and Franklin Way.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 11:42:34 AM »
A similar development in Somerset (just as a guide) of 24 1bed flats and 11 2bed flats with unallocated parking required an optimum of 58 spaces to take account of their council parking strategy.
Are there not any council guidelines for parking provision...or do they just make it up as they go along? Even single bedroom apartments have the potential for two cars and the two bedroom apartments even more. The argument that the development is near the station holds little ground given the already congested streets in the area.

Offline mart

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 08:05:01 PM »
I would like to no when the planning application for the school/  mosque at the bottom off bewedley road  was approved. i see no planning application on this site, were as we have followed the planning for the swimming baths and tesco but there have been no planning for this building ,it has affected two long standing businesses in the area them being there for over fifty years ,and being on the ten acre,s site i would have thought it would and should have been discused .the said building is down bewedly road and taking up part of Booker's car park,,and from the pershore road at the back of 1134 ,1136,1138,1140 and at the back of subsequent shop,s , any info would greatfully recieved.   
PS
i see no planning put forward on this site for said building,but plenty for swimming baths  and tesco, is it possible you could put it on the site .

thank,s
  mart

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 02:33:18 PM »
That proposed project on Mary Vale is an eye sore.

The buildings on Pershore Road next to the Reliant garage have been used as an Islam school for some time.  Have they extended out the back?  It's the IQRA Education Trust which is an Islam based school.

Offline mart

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 04:10:02 PM »
yes they have kwacky  ,and that is why i am asking the question about the planning .

thanks

mart

Offline villan

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 09:37:21 PM »
That proposed project on Mary Vale is an eye sore.

The buildings on Pershore Road next to the Reliant garage have been used as an Islam school for some time.  Have they extended out the back?  It's the IQRA Education Trust which is an Islam based school.

Sadly the plan for Mary Vale is totally out of proportion with the rest of the houses along the road.

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 10:41:48 PM »
yes they have kwacky  ,and that is why i am asking the question about the planning .

thanks

mart

Report it to the council.

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap

Offline JPitcock

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 05:54:12 PM »
I would like to no when the planning application for the school/  mosque at the bottom off bewedley road  was approved.  mart
I have searched online the applications for that road and found application 00516000 for a church hall in 1948. Could that be it? I found no other applications that seemed relevant.

Offline lynnew

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 07:33:16 PM »
I live on bewdley road and the Islamic school is not on our road nor in the old Booker car park which was sold off many years ago. The school is at the rear of a property on the pershore road and only extends a short way past the rear of the  gardens at the top houses on bewdley road

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 02:51:37 PM »
The only way the Council will investigate is when someone reports it.

I've not seen anything so I can't report it.

Offline mart

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 07:31:05 AM »
I think i should have done more investigation than i did, thanks for the feed back

regards
mart