Author Topic: Does anyone know who owns the old Kwick save site?  (Read 1239 times)

Offline Petertangle

Does anyone know who owns the old Kwick save site?
« on: August 22, 2015, 12:32:26 PM »
Hi,
I'm looking for a venue to set up a community based craft/teaching centre. A place where locally made products are sold and workshop space is rented out to trades/ artists. Does anyone know who owns this site? or has any contact details? (or knows of other potential venues)

many thanks
Peter

Offline SusanPurplesky

• Stirchley The Way Forward
Re: Does anyone know who owns the old Kwick save site?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 08:36:58 PM »
Hello
I believe Tesco own the old Kwiksave site. At present it is being used by the builders working on the old Baths. Have you thought of the Old meeting House? Adjacent to the new community centre. The Co op own that building and after their planning application for student accommodation was turned down they may be interested in selling/renting. There is an agents board outside.

SusanPurplesky

Offline Petertangle

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 10:41:49 AM »
Thank you Susan I will contact both Tesco and the agents for co op. The friends meeting house is indeed a lovely building although I'd imagine that would be reflected in the rent/asking price. I was hoping as kwik save has been vacant for 20 odd years a deal could be done ;)

thanks again

Offline SusanPurplesky

• Stirchley The Way Forward
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 04:02:19 PM »
Hello,
I have an up date to the above question.
Tesco definitely own the Kwiksave site. The communications officer for this area is Fflur Shepherd. Head Office.
Also the Friends meeting house, I mentioned, did receive planning permission. The agents working on behalf of the
 Co- op are:
Johnson and Co.
 0121 459 4200   price on application