Author Topic: Dog Barking nuisance  (Read 1948 times)

Offline MCA1928

Dog Barking nuisance
« on: May 27, 2015, 04:03:54 PM »
One of the houses on Cartland Road has a dog whose incessant barking was a real nuisance last year. On nice days, they leave the dog outside for hours and hours but only on those nice days you want to enjoy your garden.

Today was the first day they left it out and it sounds like it might be a very long summer.

Does anyone have advice on how to approach them without animosity? I have a dog myself and know that it is possible to have a well-behaved dog who enjoys a summer afternoon without barking constantly and annoying the neighbours.

Offline johnc

Re: Dog Barking nuisance
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 04:42:00 PM »
Whereabouts on Cartland Rd? We had a problem 2 years ago with a house on Vicarage Close which left the dog out at night. You could hear it on Newlands Rd as well as around the area by the cut-through from Cartland to Newlands Rd.

Offline johnc

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 04:48:05 PM »
In the end we contacted the council environmental health - we'd kept a diary of all the occasions it was noisy and then sent those details over to them. Also, as the houses on Vicarage Close are owned by Midland Heart housing association - I phoned them up and asked them to speak to their tenant - whether they did I don't know. In the end, the problem went away when we moved bedrooms from the back to the front of the house :)

Offline MCA1928

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 07:06:02 PM »
It is on the Ripple Road end, near the river. Compared with the drum teacher, I suppose it isn't that awful but last summer that poor dog just barked for hours on end....every once in a while they go out and yell at it. I reported it last year but nothing happened until cold weather set in.

Offline villan

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 09:44:11 PM »
Perhaps getting others that are annoyed by the dog onside and a couple of you having a word with the dog owners for a start :)

Offline MCA1928

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 02:12:35 PM »
So far the dog has been quiet but waiting to see when the warm weather starts.

The last time I tried to speak to a dog owner about their dogs, they threatened me in addition to broadening my understanding of the Queen's English and they even did it in front of their small child. That has stopped me from doing anything proactive in person even though that person still threatens me from across the street and still toilets their dogs on the street three or four times a day, every day.