Author Topic: Lifford Curve site Fordhouse Lane  (Read 4098 times)

Offline JPitcock

Lifford Curve site Fordhouse Lane
« on: April 16, 2015, 09:02:58 PM »
Planning application 2015/0216/PA arrived in the post to nearby residents this morning (I can't find it on a weekly list).

The plans are for a car rental office, parking and wash/valeting station. (It is for fleet hire, not consumer rental.)

This will be an improvement on the currently derelict land which is being used for fly-tipping.

My only concern is the noise of pressure washing in a flimsy open-ended wet bay.

(A planning application for The Lifford curve pub was first made in 1982 with the car park at the back, my objection included the fact that customers would be likely to park on the road instead. Plans were re-submitted and it was built in 1985, burnt down May 2010, demolished July 2011.)

Offline Mick Jones

• Administrator
    • Stirchley Website
Re: Lifford Curve site Fordhouse Lane
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 09:46:47 AM »
I have just been told by the Selly Oak District Office that the plans can be found on the BCC Planning website, it's 2015/02161/PA
www.stirchley.co.uk

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 10:04:38 AM »
They don't make that much noise and they will be operating during the day time.  It's got to be a better use of the land than it is at present.

Offline JPitcock

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 11:08:34 AM »
They don't make that much noise and they will be operating during the day time.  It's got to be a better use of the land than it is at present.
The application says "staff will have to be present both before and after these opening times". I suspect that they are likely to pressure-wash vehicles outside office hours.

It is not the machinery that makes the noise: but pressurised water against metal panels. I approve of the principal of the change of use - but would like measures taken to minimise the noise, even in the daytime. There is a line-of-sight from my house to ground level at the proposed site of the wash-bay - which is open-ended and has flimsy walls.

Offline codwala

• Birmingham Web Design
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 09:06:25 AM »
i think its good news ,its looks a disgrace as it is . i still wish there was still a pub there but never mind  :'( at least some local lads will get some work of it and no doubt the car dealer opposite will benefit to 
am yam orrite ?

Offline JPitcock

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 02:22:50 PM »
It is about to open.
38 new 65-plate cars have been delivered.
An improvement on the derelict site.
I just hope the pressure washing isn't too noisy: it is 60 metres from my house.
Their permitted hours are 0800 - 1800 hours on Mondays to Fridays and 0830 - 1300 hours on Saturdays.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 05:38:37 PM by JPitcock »