Author Topic: Junction Forhouse Lane and Pershore Road Missing Bollard  (Read 4500 times)

Offline Chris

Re: Junction Forhouse Lane and Pershore Road Missing Bollard
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 10:26:20 AM »
Jpitcock, it seems you were correct, I have received a letter from Amey today to say that they will not be able to compensate me, as they inspected the bollard on 28/10/2014, and found no fault. This was of course a whole week before I had the incident, which they describe as 'alleged'.  Not happy  :(

Offline JPitcock

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 03:52:28 PM »
The bollard, its mountings and foundation have all recently been removed and the hole filled in and re-surfaced. All is left is a scar in the tarmac. Now: very large vehicles can more easily turn right into Pershore Road, (and vehicles turning right into Fordhouse Lane can cut the corner if safe to do so.)

Offline Chris

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 04:10:57 PM »
That's interesting, the old bollard was in fact to the left of the centre line markings, (I have photographs) and therefore even more of a hazard when not lit.

Offline JPitcock

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2015, 05:05:11 PM »
The bollards have recently been replaced with two plastic reflective keep left signs. They are close together, on small bases bolted directly into the road. They are at the corner of the give-way lines, close to Pershore Road. They look as if they would bend over and spring back if hit.

Offline villan

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2015, 09:48:26 PM »
The bollards have recently been replaced with two plastic reflective keep left signs. They are close together, on small bases bolted directly into the road. They are at the corner of the give-way lines, close to Pershore Road. They look as if they would bend over and spring back if hit.

I'm sure they will soon be put to the test  ;)

Offline JPitcock

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 03:25:35 PM »
Recently yellow markings have been painted near the bollards at the junction. It looks like the outline for new pedestrian refuge(s). One is about 3 metres north of the original location. If one is built there: I can't see how large vehicles will be able to turn right into Fordhouse Lane.