Author Topic: STIRCHLEY LATE SUMMER BASH  (Read 3398 times)

Offline breakaleg

• Global Moderator
STIRCHLEY LATE SUMMER BASH
« on: June 25, 2014, 11:39:50 AM »
Once again, Stirchley Neighbourhood Forum with help from the Friends of Stirchley Park are organising a fun day (Stirchley Late Summer Bash) for Stirchley residents, this year due to funding cuts it is being held in Stirchley park (off Hazelwell Street, rear of Farmfoods)

Despite the funding cuts, we are trying to stick to our ethos of free for children (rides etc) we have booked a bouncy Castle, inflatable obstacle course, Mini cup & saucer ride, mini go karts, a magician & punch & Judy show etc.

We are looking for stall holders & charity stalls etc once again I am organising the world famous (well in Stirchley anyway, neighbourhood forum raffle)

Booking form available from me at this email address stirchleynf@gmail.com

We have one caterer Selling indian food we are looking for someone to do the traditional bacon and egg etc

We are also looking for raffle prizes, so if you know of anyone who would like to donate please get in touch.

We are also looking for act's to entertain us, here's the catch, we can't afford to pay you.

Almost forgot, the event is on:
Saturday 6th September
Between 11am to 4pm

Thank you for taking the time to read this email.

Pete

--
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 01:38:15 PM by Mick Jones »

Offline Rosamond

Re: STIRCHLEY LATE SUMMER BASH
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 02:47:54 PM »
How much are you charging for a small stall. I want to sell 100% natural home made soap.

Offline breakaleg

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 07:31:55 PM »
Hi Rosamond
Hi it is £20.00 for a small stall, we are nearly full now, so if you want to book, let me have an email address and I will send you one in the morning.
Pete

Offline breakaleg

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 12:46:19 PM »
Just 24 days to go now
The Date to remember is, Saturday 6th September and the venue is, Stirchley Park (rear of Farmfoods) entrance off Bond Street & Hazelwell Street 11am until 4pm.
We nearly didn't have a bash this year what with difficulty in finding funding and Hazelwell park surrounded with major road works.
Sadly our budget has been cut from around £6.500.00 to £1.500.00 but has this put us off? no, it made us more determined, we still have free rides for the children in the shape of a bouncy Castle a inflatable assault course, tea cup & saucer merry go round, mini go karts, a magician, Punch & Judy, balloon artist etc all for free, we also have booked a face painter, missy j glitter tattoos (charge) we also have two caterers booked one selling delicious Indian food and another selling traditional English food along with Gems cakes and bakes, several charity stalls and the world famous (in Stirchley Raffle) with some fabulous prizes donated by local & city wide businesses.
I have ordered some sunshine for the day in fact all that is missing is you!
So come along, i am sure you won't be disappointed.
Should  anyone like to make a donation to the raffle, there is still time, contact me on the email address below as soon as possible 

Don't forget, put the date in your diary now.
Pete

Offline breakaleg

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 10:45:33 AM »
Just 11 days to go now, have you seen the raffle prizes that we have collected so far, look at what you could win for just £1.

Please come and support this local event on the 6th September 11am until 4pm.

Want to help out? just turn up in the park at 8am or afterwards at 4pm.

Stirchley park is at the rear of Farmfoods with entrance off Hazelwell Street or off Bond Street.

See you Saturday
Pete

Offline breakaleg

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 04:56:47 AM »
Well, today's the day, months of preparation and it will all be over by 4 pm, it's a bit dark at the moment to know if the sun will shine but shine or not, there will be several volunteers in the park at 7.30 am, have you taken a look at the raffle prize list? it's the next post down, we added to it as late as yesterday.
Amey who are providing us with power for the day are coming along and according to a conversation with a senior manager last night, they are having a stall where residents for a mere 50 p can throw wet sponges at them, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and the best bit, the money they raise will be given to your neighborhood forum and we will use it at next years bash.
So come along at 11am and support this local event.
see you latter.
Pete

Offline SwiftBeat

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 03:08:06 PM »
Hi, we are a five piece band 'SwiftBeat'  We are willing to play.  We are on youtube SwiftBeat, but we decided to have a new singer which we have now.  Please let me know if you would like us to play on your 'Stirchley Late Summer Bash'  Our information is on www.band-me-up.com  and on

My email is   meowswift@uwclub.net

Cheers  Lindy