Author Topic: Enterprise Cars  (Read 8366 times)

Offline Dave

Re: Enterprise Cars
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 10:00:48 PM »
Thanks Mick and Cllr. Huxtable.

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 12:21:02 PM »
We need to keep the pressure up.  I spoke to the area manager yesterday and he's told me that they are looking for somewhere to park their cars or to move the business to another nearby site. 

Contact the area manager each time you've got a complaint and cc it to care@enterprise.com so that the PR team get to see it. 

Enterprise are also active on twitter so you should get a response if you mention them when you tweet the pavement photos.  @enterprisecares [sic]

Offline Dave

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 07:33:39 PM »
Anyone know if the neighbourhood police team have had a chat with the manager yet?

I came past 'Enterprise' at 18:05 on Friday and could hardly get by for the amount of cars on the footpath.

Offline Mick Jones

• Administrator
    • Stirchley Website
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 08:18:59 PM »
They was supposed to have gone today
www.stirchley.co.uk

Offline RippleRoad

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 07:14:16 AM »
have you seen how they drive the cars (staff) in and around twinings road....shocking!

Offline phill61

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 08:16:21 AM »
Hi there,
i think you have very little chance of getting any cars a parking ticket that park in Stirchley, check out what the PCSO said at the meeting dated the 24th September 2013 i rest my case.  >:(

Offline Kyle

• Love Stirchley
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 01:31:11 PM »
Hi there,
i think you have very little chance of getting any cars a parking ticket that park in Stirchley, check out what the PCSO said at the meeting dated the 24th September 2013 i rest my case.  >:(

Although it's a different ward all together officers from Moseley & Kings Heath advised if there is any illegal parking to call 101. The operator will then create a report which will be sent to the neighbourhood team and anyone locally at the time will go and issue a ticket.

Worth a try or take matters in to our own hands and ask enterprise nicely.

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 11:17:22 AM »
I see that this problem is back.  There are cars parked outside of Enterprise, the barbers and outside the chip shop as well as on the double yellow lines around there.  No room tp get by on Monday night.

Offline Dave

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 03:32:07 PM »
@ Kwacky.

As far as I know they have been warned twice now so they must be taking the p***!

Stronger action is needed like them being fined..............just like you or I would IF we parked our cars on the pavement and obstructed people in wheelchairs from passing.

Does anyone know what to do next?

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2015, 11:28:52 AM »
The Council doesn't appear to have a link where you can report parking issues.

http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/highwayorpavementobstructions  is for obstructions, but it tells you not to report parking problems using that link.  You click the link it provides but there's nothing there about parking. 

I used this form:-  https://online.birmingham.gov.uk/CwsWeb/flow/servicespecificenquirieshighways?execution=e4s1

Offline villan

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2015, 03:26:41 PM »
Parking on the pavement

The Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs) in Birmingham are complicated. Just because there is a vehicle parked on the footpath does not mean that we are able to undertake any enforcement action. If there is a yellow line or red route restriction in which the TRO encompasses the footpath, then the Civil Enforcement Officer would be able to issue a penalty charge notice. if the TRO only runs from kerb to kerb and does not include the footpath, we would not be able to undertake any enforcement action, and if there are no yellow or red line restrictions at all, there is no action at all that we could take! The police have powers if the vehicle is parked in a dangerous position or causing an obstruction

The above was taken from the council website...looks like it a 101 call if there is an obstruction  :-\

Offline Dave

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2015, 08:46:53 AM »
Hopefully, help will be on it's way soon to finally stop this parking on pavements.

The argument could come to an end with the Pavement Parking (Protection of Vulnerable Pedestrians) Bill, which is on its second reading in Parliament.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34988833

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2016, 01:30:50 PM »
6 cars parked outside on Saturday evening

26 Enterprise cars parked on Ripple Road over the bank holiday.