Author Topic: Tascos photo location wanted  (Read 3980 times)

Offline Mick Jones

• Administrator
    • Stirchley Website
Tascos photo location wanted
« on: July 06, 2009, 06:16:31 PM »
I have had an enquiry requesting help in locating where the attached Photo was taken,
there appears to be a church on the left with a notice board behind the brick wall, and also if you enlarge it above the lady on the bicycle there is a lampost with a sign behind it saying something and then below possibly garage.
I have published the full size version with the link below so that you can have a detailed look
http://www.stirchley.co.uk/images/tascosparade.jpg

www.stirchley.co.uk

Offline breakaleg

• Global Moderator
Re: Tascos photo location wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 11:05:27 AM »
Hi Mick,
It dosen't look like the Pershore road, when you say church, do you mean the building on the left? only it has blinds on the windows, more like a shop to me.
Looks more like raddlebarn road.
Pete

Offline Rev Gary Cadge

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 03:08:05 PM »
the wooden noticeboard is in front of a building next to the shops, presumably set back from the road. although it looks like a church noticeboard there would have been many more places using such boards back then. It could be any establishment that considered itself to have a bit of class. doctors, schools, solicitors etc all used them. the wall looks too small to be a church wall, they tend to be more substantial, although the tree would fit with a churchyard. a fantastic picture none the less. I trust the policeman cleaned his shoes when he got home.

Offline discopoo

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 11:52:36 AM »
Hi new here, just having a brose and saw the pic.

I think it's a bit deceiving but it does look like the Loop to me just outside what is now The bowling alley and gym.

Offline mart

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 07:39:50 PM »
Great pic
 I think it is just down from selly park girls school towards town.The band look as they are going toward,s town .it looks like the pic has been taken from the corner of  either kitchener road or hobson road . 

Offline getting older

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 07:56:44 PM »
I Have Just Noticed The Building On Right Is Bristol road South Northfield  By Ashbank Farm. With the coop On The left. Lots Of Pictures to check With.

Offline Mick Jones

• Administrator
    • Stirchley Website
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 08:36:13 PM »
wouldn't the road have been wider than that, only they had trams going up the center of the bristol road
www.stirchley.co.uk

Offline getting older

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 10:42:18 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1338118739581354&set=p.1338118739581354&type=3 I cannot Post Picture so I have included link Around 1908 no trams yet.
Also That Sign You Mentioned It Is Gilmans Garage. Sorry for the delay.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 12:12:21 AM by getting older »

Offline Mick Jones

• Administrator
    • Stirchley Website
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 11:21:18 AM »
Yes you are right well done
www.stirchley.co.uk