Author Topic: Stirchley Flood Alleviation Scheme  (Read 15660 times)

Offline Dave

Re: Stirchley Flood Alleviation Scheme
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2015, 02:53:12 PM »
"Work is continuing at the Pershore Road pumping station shaft tank area involving duct installation and surface works. A sewer connection to an installed storage tank has started in Pershore road under a local lane closure with traffic signals and will continue there for approximately 4 weeks."

4 weeks! ?
That means I have another whole month of breathing in car and lorry exhaust fumes from stationary traffic due to the congestion whilst waiting for the number 45 bus outside Fitness First!  >:(

Offline STW-Shifnal

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2015, 08:55:41 AM »
Dave

We can only apologise for any inconvenience caused.  The traffic management we currently have in place is essensial for us to complete the flood alleviation scheme, and this section critical to prevent future highway flooding on Pershore Road.  We have been working weekends to reduce the programme of works and they should be completed and the traffic flow returned to normal by the end of the first week in February.

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2015, 09:48:17 AM »
I'm so glad I washed my car on Sunday...........

There's been so much dust and dirt dumped along Twyning Road yesterday that the road looks like the car park for the final stage of the Paris Dakar rally.  I came home on my motorbike last night and due to the amount of dust on the road I lost the rear as I turned into the road.  Good job I didn't come off my bike.

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2015, 09:09:50 PM »
This is the state they've left the road in for the weekend

Offline STW-Shifnal

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2015, 08:26:38 AM »
Kwacky

We can only appologise for any inconvenience regarding dust on the road.  We believe the roads around the areas we have been working have been swept and are now clean.

Offline STW-Shifnal

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2015, 08:32:12 AM »
The flood alleviation works are now complete and we are in the process of reinstating the areas where we have been working on Ripple Rd, Cartland Rd verge and Hazelwell Park.  We are liaising with Birmingham City Council Parks department to ensure the reinstatement works are carried out to the required specification.

The two new pumping stations have now been completed and will be commissioned in the first week in May.

A micro-park is due for construction on Pershore Rd, outside Perfection Snooker Club, which will be carried out by Birmingham City Council.