Author Topic: Stirchley Flood Alleviation Scheme  (Read 15658 times)

Offline Sandra Cooper

Re: Stirchley Flood Alleviation Scheme
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 10:10:32 AM »
The issue was raised by the Neighbourhood Forum on the Planning Application but we were told that this wasn't part of the planning process. It has since been raised again. There is also the issue of the hard standing required for service vehicles. We asked that this be as small an area as possible and coloured green and porous concrete.

Offline Mick Jones

• Administrator
    • Stirchley Website
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 01:21:31 PM »
A photograph taken today
www.stirchley.co.uk

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2014, 12:38:23 PM »
I've just had a call from my wife.  By all accounts there is working going on outside our house and the pavement has been dug up.  Thanks for the notification.  How the chuff am I supposed to get my motorbike on my drive?

Bloody idiots. 

Offline STW-Shifnal

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 04:02:46 PM »
Kwacky

I can advise that the works on Twyning Rd are being carried out on behalf of Western Power Distribution.  Amey will be contacting there colleagues from the WPD contract to identify why there had been no advanced warning of the intended works.

Offline STW-Shifnal

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 05:20:41 PM »
We will start the main sewer upgrade works on 9 May 2014 in Ripple Road which will take approximately 7 weeks and we will start in Newlands Road on 12 May 2014 which will take approximately 11 weeks. Both roads will be closed to through traffic during the works but access to properties and for refuse collection will be maintained.

We have arranged for a customer drop-in centre (in the form of a converted bus) where you can visit us to learn more about these works and talk to us about other aspects of the project .  The bus will be parked in Ripple Road on 6 May 2014 and in Newlands Road on 7 May 2014 and will be open from 4pm to 7pm on both days.

Offline jauger

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2014, 08:45:30 PM »
Thanks for the updates, and the dates for the drop-in centres. Can you advise what level of parking for residents will be maintained on Newlands Rd during the work? My wife is heavily pregnant and so being forced to park far away from the house would be a huge inconvenience as I'm sure you can imagine. Thanks.

While I'm at it - how come no real communication has been given up to this point to residents as to the impact of this work?? All we've had is notification of "closure" but no real details as to what this means practically.

Offline STW-Shifnal

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2014, 02:18:48 PM »
Jauger

In response to your queries, the purpose of our drop-in centres is to identify such specific requirements.  We will also be carrying out 'door knocking' on the 8th May to speak to residents about the forthcoming works and to identify any special requirements.   Please feel free to pop to one of our sessions to discuss this further. We need to understand where your property is in relation to the works we are undertaking.

With regards to communication, we held a customer exhibit at Fitness First on the 12th December last year, and we have sent out customer letters giving updates on the scheme on the 6th March and the 1st May (the date of your query).  Letters were sent out to all local residents likely to be effected by our works.

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 09:34:23 PM »
Any chance of a sweep up?  Twyning Road is covered in mud, dust and stones of various sizes.  As cars are driving down the road the stones are being flicked up.  My car has a couple of small dents on the side which are new and I've not used it for a couple of weeks. 

Offline STW-Shifnal

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2014, 11:41:12 AM »
Kwacky
A road sweeper had been booked and swept roads in the area around parked cars on 12 June.
This will be a regular occurance during the works in addition to hand sweeping
Please contact the site management in Ripple road if you wish to discuss matters further

Offline STW-Shifnal

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2014, 09:55:59 AM »
Further work at the Pershore Road pumping station shaft tank has resumed with locally breaking out a concrete collar around the shaft to allow coring through the side of the shaft for new sewer pipe inlets and outlets   

In Ripple Road, work is progressing and is near the junction with Cartland road. This will take approximately another week

Access for vehicle parking and refuse collection can be gained from the junction with Twyning road up to our working area.

Sewer Pipe installation from the Ripple road storage tank to the junction with Twyning road has started but will not continue so far as to prevent vehicle access from Twyning road until access to Ripple road is re-gained from Cartland road 

New sewer pipe laying work is continuing in Newlands road and will progress towards the junction with Lewis road for approximately another 5 weeks where sewer replacement work will end

Work will be confined to a 30m long working area where possible at any one time which will roll along Newlands road towards the Lewis road junction as sewer pipe replacement progresses and the pipe trench is backfilled

Smaller work areas will be needed along sections of the road for pipe storage, pumps and hoses

There will be no pumps in operation out of work hours 

Vehicle access for residents parking and refuse collection in Newlands will be from the junction with Lewis road up to our working area.

As work progresses and the trench line gets filled with stone and tarmac surfacing gets re-instated, vehicle access for parking and refuse collection can also be gained from the Cartland road junction up to our working area.

Offline Mick Jones

• Administrator
    • Stirchley Website
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 06:54:46 PM »
Posted on Twitter Friday pm
Charlotte Forcer ?@tracesofrock
A disabled man got his mobility scooter stuck on edge of pavement this pm crossing over Ripple Rd, it took 3 of us 1/2 an Hour,
to help him. We could do with a temporary ramp as they're blocking the crossing.

I will bring it up at Mondays meeting
Mick
www.stirchley.co.uk

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2014, 06:09:26 PM »
Will you be replacing the bollards you removed across Ripple Road?  They were there to stop vehicles taking a short cut. 

Offline Mick Jones

• Administrator
    • Stirchley Website
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2014, 02:12:30 PM »
Will you be replacing the bollards you removed across Ripple Road?  They were there to stop vehicles taking a short cut.
I think they will wait until Cartland road is reopened, which will be in September.
www.stirchley.co.uk

Offline Kwacky

• Tankslap
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2014, 01:07:53 PM »
There were a couple of cars last night bounching over the road divider.

I was outside my house last night working on my motorbike.  7 cars drove down Twyning Road.  All of them looked shocked to find that the road was actually shut.  I presume that the "ROAD CLOSED signs at the road entrance are code for "this is a short cut, why not drive down here?"

Offline STW-Shifnal

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2014, 10:21:30 AM »
Further work at the Pershore Road pumping station shaft tank will resume shortly and will involve installing internal pipework in the shaft.

A cover slab has been placed on Ripple road pumping station shaft tank and this will be followed shortly by a further concrete top slab, shaft access covers and access paving.   

New sewer pipe laying work is nearing completion in Newlands road and that and surface re-instatement is expected to be completed by 4 September 2014.

Sewer upgrade work is continuing in Cartland road under a local road closure and traffic is being diverted around the area.
Work is progressing in phases between road junctions towards the junction with Newlands road where work will end.
Traffic flow to adjoining roads is being maintained.
Cartland road will be re-opened after 9 September 2014.
Bollards in Ripple road were not re-instated upon completion of work there as was instructed by BCC highways to ease traffic congestion in the area while Cartland road is closed. The bollards will be re-instated when Cartland road is re-opened.